Here are ten inspiring quotes to remember when you’re dealing with the challenge of becoming or staying sober.
- Believe you can and you’re halfway there. – Theodore Roosevelt
- Success is the sum of small efforts, repeated day in and day out. – Robert Collier
- It always seems impossible until it’s done. – Nelson Mandela
- Every worthy act is difficult. Ascent is always difficult. Descent is easy and often slippery. – Mahatma Gandhi
- I think that the power is the principle. The principle of moving forward, as though you have the confidence to move forward, eventually gives you confidence when you look back and see what you’ve done. – Robert Downey, Jr.
- As one goes through life, one learns that if you don’t paddle your own canoe, you don’t move. – Katharine Hepburn
- You gain strength, courage, and confidence by every experience in which you stop to look fear in the face. You are able to say to yourself, ‘I have lived through this horror. I can take the next thing that comes along.’ You must do the thing you think you cannot do. – Eleanor Roosevelt
- Hardships often prepare ordinary people for an extraordinary destiny. – The Voyage of the Dawn Treader
- We always may be what we might have been. – Adelaide Anne Procter
- I know of no more encouraging fact than the unquestionable ability of man to elevate his life by conscious endeavor. – Henry David Thoreau